Tuesday, July 16, 2013

6/27/2013 - Taco Bell



















The food:  1 grilled steak taco (fresco), 1 chicken soft taco (fresco), 1 volcano taco

As you can see, we are being very scientific and objective in our taco search.  Even Taco Bell is under consideration for Best Taco in Fort Collins honors.  I had the grilled steak soft taco, the chicken soft taco and the volcano taco.  I made the steak and chicken tacos "fresco", which means they add a little pico on top of the taco.  It actually does make a difference, and I have to say I thought those two tasted pretty good.  They were more 'natural' tasting with the fresh pico and the chicken/steak is an upgrade from the ground "beef" in their other tacos.  The volcano taco is the normal Taco Bell taco you are imagining with a little more heat, but not really hot at all.  The taco bell we visited did not have a patio, so we sat at a very bright table on some bright chairs, and John and I had ourselves a very typical Taco Bell dining experience.  ChrisM skipped the trip to Taco Bell in fear of crapping his pants during a run later on, but I think those fears were unfounded.  Overall, these tacos were not too bad and they were inexpensive.  Dining ambiance leaves a little to be desired, but I give tacos an overall rating of 6/10. 

1 comment:

  1. This was my first opportunity to finally try the Doritos Locos Taco. Like any normal human, I like tacos, and I like Doritos. However, I did not enjoy this taco. Each bite left my lips covered with Dorito dust that was hard to get off. The flavors didn't meld as nicely as I had hoped. I tried the Nacho cheese varietal, perhaps the Cool Ranch would fare better. After that I moved opn to waht must be the best taco on the menu, the soft taco supreme. It's so good, they call it supreme! It turns out, supreme just means they add tomatoes and sour cream. While I was a bit let down, I still enjoyed my Taco Bell experience. As always, the price was very agreable. I think in the future I might try some of the varients that Chris ordered, they seemed more like the street taco that we are on a quest to find. Doritos Locos Taco 4/10 Soft Taco Supreme 6/10

    ReplyDelete