Saturday, June 15, 2013

6/6/2013 - Wahoo's Fish Taco

Taco Restaurant #1 - Wahoo's Fish Taco on Harmony Road
















The food: 1 grilled fish taco, 1 carne asada taco, 1 carnitas taco

These tacos were served on a doubled-up soft corn tortillas.  The tortillas were a bit tasteless and tended to fall apart a little bit.  The grilled fish tacos were great.  The fish was delicious and the cabbage/salsa/sauce was perfect.  The carne asada and carnitas tacos fell far short of the fish taco and I felt that there was far too much lettuce on these.  I would give the fish taco an 8/10 and the other two 5/10.

The location: Wahoo's is a "fast casual" chain restaurant, so it is clean and bright and has all sorts of oceanic and surf-related flair hanging on the walls.    The patio was nice with ample umbrellas to shade us, but it is right on Harmony road, so very loud and trafficy.

 ChrisW overall rating: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. What can I say about Wahoo - whatever they marinade their meat and fish in, I want it...I want to bathe in it, brush my teeth with it, paint master pieces with it, I want it. I love their beans and rice and will eat anything they put in front of my face. That being said, I actually got the fish bowl and not a taco...don't ask me why, I just did it. I'm like a cat on catnip when I go there and I can't even see straight. I may have even meowed at one point - so sadly, I am taking myself out of this rating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we decided to go to Wahoo's I wasn't sure of the seriousness of our taco quest. I too ordered a bowl rather than tacos. A mistake that will not be repeated at future establishments. It has now been made clear that our quest shall be conducted with highest standards of scientific inquiry. That is, we will eat tacos and rate them on a scale of 1-10 while discussing neighborhood events/happenings. Science!!

    From previous experience, I can say that Wahoo's tacos are pretty good. I prefer their fish to their chicken, and while the carnitas isn't bad, I think that pork can be done better.

    Overall 8/10

    Tostados y Salsa:
    N/A

    ReplyDelete